We are currently hiring for a Marketing and Communications Manager. The Marketing and Communications Manager is a full-time position to be responsible for implementing the Chicago Jobs Council’s (Jobs Council) major marketing and communications activities. The responsibilities of this position will include organization-wide communications and marketing, as well as support for the communications and marketing needs of the policy team, Frontline Focus Training Institute, and Frontline Advisors. The Program Manager position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the Administration team.
We are also recruiting for the following fellowships:
Policy Fellow. The Policy Fellow supports the Jobs Council’s policy advocacy work focused on creating better access to family-sustaining employment and decreasing economic disparities experienced by people of color and women. The Policy Fellow is a valued member of the Jobs Council’s policy team that helps us advance our strategic goals, including: creating equitable career pathways and skill-building opportunities through the public workforce development system; reducing systemic barriers to employment experienced by people of color and women; and ensuring that public investments in job creation and economic development benefit people who are the most marginalized in the labor market. The Policy Fellow also provides administrative support to coalition tables convened by the Jobs Council.
Program Fellow. The Fellow will assist in the administration, management and expansion of the Jobs Council’s Frontline Focus
Training Institute (FFTI). CJC’s Frontline Focus Training Institute (FFTI) delivers trainings and resources to help job developers, case managers, and other service providers develop their skills, knowledge and networks to better deliver employment and training services to disadvantaged job seekers, low-income workers and employers. FFTI offers over 30 professional training each year, serving more than 400 participants. FFTI staff additionally works with the Jobs Council Policy Team to deliver monthly Workforce 360 convenings which provides free programming and networking opportunities to hundreds more professionals in the field.
Nonprofit Management Fellow. The Nonprofit Management Fellow supports the operations and infrastructure of the Jobs
Council through the following activities:
- Supporting the planning and implementation of two major organization-wide events
- Maintaining the organization’s contact management database (NEON CRM) and generating reports to support fundraising and membership
- Tracking grant requirements and contributing to the submission of proposals and reports
- Supporting the Jobs Council’s Membership Program through revision of related materials and processes
- Supporting meetings and operations of the Board of Directors
- Supporting the review and update of internal organizational policies and protocols
- Researching best practices in nonprofit management and making recommendations
- Contributing to the quarterly tracking of metrics, annual work plan development and on-going continuous improvement