UPDATE: Deadline extended to 2/3.
Across Illinois, fines, fees, and other legal penalties often get in the way of opportunity and success in our communities. Driver’s license suspension is part of this system, and we know that many workforce organizations work with populations that struggle because of suspended licenses. We need your help to fight for change.
As part of our Transit Table (the coalition seeking to decrease transportation barriers for vulnerable populations in Illinois) we are fighting to eliminate needless license suspensions. To do that, we need a better picture of how suspended driver’s licenses affect clients of social services, legal aid, and other community based organizations.
Please share this Driver’s License Survey with your program participants or clients. Here is everything you need to know:
- You can administer this survey to your clients either on paper, electronically, or a combination of both. Please choose the method that works best for you and your populations.
- Here are links to the printable survey
- Here are links to the online survey
- If you are able to provide assistance to clients who may need help filling out the survey, please feel free to do so.
- If you collect paper survey responses, please place completed surveys in an envelope with your organization and location clearly marked. Please send completed surveys to:
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison St., Suite 1700-C
Chicago, IL 60602-4415
Fax to 312.252.0099
Email scans to email@example.com
- Please return the survey responses by February 3
- If you know other organizations that would consider giving this survey to their clients/customers/participants, please share these instructions with them!
- If you require other language options, please contact Eric at the Chicago Jobs Council (312-252-0436 or firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will assess our ability to accommodate.
The survey results will be used to advocate for changes to license suspension policies in Illinois, to understand how best to prevent people from losing their licenses, and to advocate for those trying to reinstate lost licenses. If you are interested in additional involvement with the Transit Table and our driver’s license suspension advocacy, please sign up for updates here or contact Eric Halvorson of the Chicago Jobs Council at email@example.com or 312-252-0436.