Workforce Development Working Group
We use our bi-monthly workforce development Working Group meetings as a forum to discuss policy and program issues related to creating enhanced employment and training opportunities for disadvantaged job seekers and working poor families. The group identifies opportunities to reform public policies and improve local workforce development programs. Each meeting we have a varied agenda and frequently invite workforce providers and public policy advocates to present. Whether you are interested in opportunities to engage in advocacy, or would like to learn more about effective employment and training programs, the Working Group can serve as a useful resource.
To review handouts from all past meetings, click here.
Annually, more than 100 community-based advocates and providers participate in our Workforce Development Working Group. You can attend the meeting as a CJC member or other community stakeholder committed to ensuring access to employment and career advancement opportunities for people in poverty.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014 | 8:30 – 11:00am (8:30 – 9:00 Networking | 9:00 – 11:00 Working Group)
Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago | 320 N. Damen Avenue, Chicago (Free street parking nearby!)
Check back for more information on October’s Working Group!
Changes to Working Group
- Working group will be held bi-monthly on the second Wednesday of every other month
- Meetings will be held from 8:30 – 11:00am (8:30 – 9:00 Networking | 9:00 – 11:00 Working Group)
- Meetings will take place at a new location: the Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC) – 320 N. Damen Avenue, Chicago. This new location has free parking available, is off the #50 Damen CTA bus route, and is approximately 7 blocks from the Ashland Green/Pink Line CTA station.
During Working Group’s off months, CJC’s Frontline Focus Training Institute will hold its bi-monthly Frontline Workforce Association (FWA) meetings at the same time and location. These meetings are also free and open to all who are interested!
For your convenience, here are the scheduled Working Group and FWA meetings for the remainder of 2014 (all held from 8:30 – 11:00am at ICNC and agenda topics are TBD):
- Wednesday, August 13: Working Group Meeting
- Wednesday, September 10: FWA Meeting
- Wednesday, October 8: Working Group Meeting
- Wednesday, November 12: FWA Meeting
- Wednesday, December 10: Working Group Meeting