Spring 2013 Member Meeting
April 30, 2013
1:30 – 4:00pm
525 S. State Street, Lake Room
Member Meeting Materials
Please click on the appropriate link to download materials and resources from our April 30th Spring Member Meeting:
- Federal Funding and Policy Update PowerPoint Presentation
- CJC’s Facebook Page (like us to view photos, videos, and much more!)
- CJC’s Twitter Account (follow us!)
- #AmericaBelieves & #TalkPoverty prompts
- #AmericaBelieves & #TalkPoverty sign templates
- More information on the #AmericaBelieves & #TalkPoverty campaigns
- Letters to the Editor prompts and templates
Registration for our Spring Member Meeting is CLOSED
Join us for CJC’s Spring Member meeting: The Federal Workforce Budget and Policy Outlook (Debacle?!)
Rachel Unruh, Associate Director of the National Skills Coalition will present an overview of the current status of federal workforce budget and policy deliberations.
Every meeting participant will have an opportunity to weigh-in on the federal deliberations through: signing on to letters to members of the Illinois Congressional delegation, writing letters to the editor, and participating in social media advocacy. It will be fast and easy to make your voice heard!
The meeting will conclude with a panel of public administrators giving their perspectives and will include:
- Amanda Cage, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Pat Fera, Manager, Workforce Investment Board of Will County
- John Pfeiffer, First Deputy Commissioner, Chicago Department of Family and Support Services
1:30 – 2:00pm Registration, networking, and light refreshments
2:00 – 4:00pm Program
Advanced registration is required! Register by Friday, April 26, 2013 (Registration is closed)
- FREE for current CJC Members
- $20 per person for non-members
- Payment due in advance or at the door. Make checks payable to Chicago Jobs Council or contact (312) 252-0460 x800 to pay by credit card.
- Click here to register now (registration is closed)
CJC convenes Member Meetings for its members and other community stakeholders to discuss timely issues and promising practices in service deliver.
Who should I contact if I have special needs?
Please contact America Lewis at (312) 252-0460 x800 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than April 26 regarding any special requests or accommodations. CJC is committed to providing high-quality trainings and events at low or no cost to participants. In order to continue to be able to do this, we ask that the expense of some accommodations (such as interpreters) be covered by the participant’s employer. However, no one will be denied access to this event due to the need for a reasonable accommodation. This event facility is fully wheelchair accessible.