Spring 2012 Member Meeting
March 29, 2012
1:30 – 4:00pm
Bank of America
135 S. LaSalle, 43rd Floor
Member Meeting Materials
Please click on the appropriate link to download materials from our March 29th Spring Member Meeting.
Registration for this event is CLOSED
Please join us to hear from transitional jobs (TJ) program participants, learn key findings from recent TJ research, and participate in a discussion to inform CJC’s TJ-related advocacy agenda.
TJ Program Participant Panel
- Brad Hirn, Growing Home
- Dana Williams, Growing Home
- Lisa Kidd, Cleanslate
Recent TJ Research Panel
- Linda Kaiser, Executive Vice President, Resident Services, Chicago Housing Authority
- Jonah Kushner, Senior Research Analyst, Social IMPACT Research Center
Please note when registering:
The second half of CJC’s Spring Member Meeting will include facilitated small-group discussions. Please choose the discussion topic in which you would like to participate, from the list below, and include it under the ‘note’ section of the Spring Member Meeting registration page. Thank you!
Small Group Discussions and Report Outs
- Transitional Jobs Basics: This discussion is for participants that are not very familiar with the model of transitional jobs. Facilitator: Chris Warland, National Transitional Jobs Network
- Connecting TJ to Occupational Training: This discussion is for participants who are familiar with the basic TJ model and want to talk about ways to connect to or add occupational training components to TJ programs. Facilitator: Margaret Haywood, Inspiration Corporation
- Integrating TJ & literacy: This discussion is for participants who are familiar with the basic TJ model and want to talk about ways to integrate literacy components into TJ programs. Facilitator: Dena Byrd, Employment and Employer Services
- Strategies for placement, retention, & employer engagement: This discussion is for participants who are familiar with the basic TJ model and want to talk about successful strategies to engage employers and help TJ get and keep unsubsidized jobs. Facilitator: Angela Morrison, Inspiration Corporation
- Strategies for career advancement: This discussion is for participants who are familiar with the basic TJ model and want to brainstorm how TJ programs can support and be structured to fit into the career and education pathway for successful participants. Facilitator: John Plunkett, Harborquest, Inc.
- TJ-related policy advocacy: This discussion is for participants that want to discuss current advocacy strategies for expanding and improving TJ in Illinois. Facilitator: Dan Lyonsmith, Chicago Jobs Council
CJC convenes Member Meetings for its members and other community stakeholders to discuss timely issues and promising practices in service delivery.
Please note: CJC’s Spring Member Meeting will be held at a new location — Bank of America, 135 S. LaSalle, 43rd Floor, Chicago
- 1:30 – 2:00pm Registration, networking, and light refreshments
- 2:00 – 4:00pm Program
Advanced registration is required
Registration for this event is CLOSED
- FREE for current CJC Members
- $20 per person for non-members
(Payment due in advance or at the door. Make checks payable to Chicago Jobs Council or contact (312) 252-0460 x800 to pay by credit card)
- Click here to register now
Who should I contact if I have special needs?
Please contact Andrés Moreno at (312) 252-0467 or email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than March 23rd regarding any special requests or accommodations. CJC is committed to providing high-quality trainings and events at low or no cost to participants. In order to continue to be able to do this, we ask that the expense of some accommodations (such as interpreters) be covered by the participant’s employer. However, no one will be denied access to the training due to the need for a reasonable accommodation. This event facility is fully wheelchair accessible.