Frontline Workforce Association
The Frontline Workforce Association (FWA) was formed in the Fall of 2010 as a way to help frontline providers stay in touch outside of formal Frontline Focus trainings. The goal of FWA is to connect frontline professionals in a way that enables them to better collaborate, support one another, and make referrals. Specifically, FWA provides free access to networking, continuing education, and professional development opportunities. The group is open to all frontline job developers, regardless of their past involvement with Frontline Focus.
FWA meets bi-monthly, or six times a year, focusing on topics of interest to frontline staff. FWA also hosts quarterly social gatherings as a way for frontline job developers to meet other like-minded professionals, share stories, relax, and recharge. The informational meetings are designed to be interactive and often include a chance to share best practices and troubleshoot common problems. Through these meetings, FWA not only offers a chance for professionals to develop their individual skill sets, but also an opportunity to increase their awareness of the workforce development field in Chicago and Illinois.
Individuals are welcome to attend as few or as many meetings as they wish. All meetings are free of charge.
Check back for more information on our next FWA meeting!
- “Networking Nuts & Bolts” November 2013 (Handouts: ZIP | PDF)
- “Motivational Interviewing” September 2013 (Handouts: ZIP | PDF)
- “Building Trust with Clients” June 2013 (Handouts)
- “Don’t Ask, Do Sell: Connecting with Employers Through Social Media” April 2012 (Handouts)
- “Making Work ‘Work’ for You: Increasing Your Job Satisfaction” November 2011 (Handouts)
- “Collaborative Networks, Blended Service Models” July 2011 (Handouts)
- “Tax Credits and Business Hiring Credits” May 2011 (Handouts)
- “Summer Hiring Trends” March 2011 (Handouts)
- “How to Launch a Business Advisory Council” January 2011 (Handouts) (Video)
- “Marketing 101: How to Develop Materials for Employers” November 2010 (Handouts)
Happy Hour Events
Check back for more information on upcoming Happy Hour events!
The Frontline Workforce Association is guided by a steering committee. If you are interested in getting involved with this committee to help choose future topics and direct the growth of FWA, please contact Ellen Johnson at email@example.com or 312-252-0460 x310.