From Records to Re-Entry: Working with Ex-Offenders
As service providers, you’re tasked with the enormous responsibility of helping your clients with criminal histories find gainful employment. Not only do you have to help your job seekers develop resumes, but you have to be well-versed in the justice system itself. By default you need to learn how to read RAP sheets, know the rules of sealing and expungement and help your job seekers navigate employment laws. No easy task! This class provides you with all the tools and resources you need to effectively help your clients with criminal histories find jobs.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the Illinois Criminal Justice System
- Learning about the challenges of reentry
- Conducting quality intake assessments
- Identifying the legal remedies available to ex-offenders
- Addressing employer concerns and understanding employment laws
- Coaching the job seeker through the initial application process and interview
This course is for all workforce development staff including supervisors, job developers, and case managers.
Two full-day sessions–9:00am-4:00pm
Liz Czarnecki, Chicago Jobs Council
*To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison St. Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
Please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator, with any questions: 312.252.0460 x108, firstname.lastname@example.org.