Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) 101
New to the workforce development field? Have a WIOA contract and are confused about what that means for you? This course focuses on raising awareness and understanding of the federal Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)—Title I Workforce Development Activities—and how it is administered in Cook County.
Topics covered include:
- Basics of the federal legislation—goals and core programs
- One Stop System mandated partners and services
- Definitions and examples of types of customers and services provided through WIOA
- State and local governance including allocation processes
- How the local system is structured in Cook County
- Information about performance measures
This course is for all workforce development staff including supervisors, job developers, and case managers. Course material will be particularly geared towards frontline WIOA providers.
Half day workshop–9:00am-12:30pm
April 4, 2018
Chicago Jobs Council Staff
*To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Chicago Jobs Council
29 East Madison, Suite 1700
Chicago, Ill 60602
Please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator, with any questions: 312.252.0460 x108; email@example.com.