Making Metrics Matter
Of course metrics matter! At a time when resources are tight, funders are more and more focused on the “result” your program produces. And, as an organizational leader, you want to know how well you are accomplishing your mission. But it’s sometimes hard to get line staff to “buy-in” to both producing and using quality data. Staff may experience requests for data as an extra burden; they may be concerned about how the data will reflect on them. Or working with technology and numbers may just not be their strength! In this course, you will learn approaches for helping staff experience data-both quantitative and qualitative-as a useful resource for improving services to jobseekers and employer, and you’ll gain ideas for building a culture where data is a tool for learning, not just accountability.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the types of data that “matter” to help you manage toward results
- Using data to jump to questions, not conclusion
- Engaging staff in using data to test their “hunches” about what’s contributing to performance
- Creating reports that are useful for your staff
- Creating a positive learning environment around data
This course is for supervisory and leadership staff.
Full day workshop–9:00am-4:00pm
January 24, 2018
* To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Marty Miles, Marty Miles Consulting
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison St. Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
Please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator, with any questions: 312.252.0460 x108; email@example.com