Learning to Lead
You used to be a job developer and now you’ve been promoted to the role of supervisor. Or, maybe you’re new to the field altogether and find yourself managing a staff of 2 or 20. Regardless of how you got here, people are looking at you to lead! In this class you will learn how to transform your employees into a high-performing team. You’ll learn the nuts and bolts of being an effective manager, but also the art of being a good leader.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding your own leadership and communication styles and how to flex them based on your employees’ skill levels and attitude
- Bridging the gaps in your staff and building trust
- Handling difficult conversations with employees
- Effectively delegating to your staff in order to promote inclusion
- Learning how to collaborate with other agencies in order to be more effective
This course is for supervisory and leadership staff, particularly those new to their role.
Full day workshop–9:00am-4:00pm
Wally Smith, LPM Associates
*To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator: 312.252.0460 x108; email@example.com.