Job Readiness Training (JRT) Basics
Do you have only a short time to get workforce clients job-ready? Don’t know where to start? In this course, you will learn the basics of job-readiness training and discover interactive approaches that motivate job-seekers. Designed for new instructors and administrators as well as those seeking a refresher, the course will explore strategies for getting clients the help and practice they need. During the course, you will receive a packet of JRT materials and have the opportunity to try out hands-on activities that build clients’ skills and confidence. Still have burning questions about JRT essentials? You’ll also hear from a panel of expert workforce practitioners and have the opportunity to ask your questions.
Topics covered include:
- Strategies for assisting clients with resumes, cover letters, applications, and interviews
- Knowing what information, materials, and activities to include in your job-readiness training
- Finding ways to motivate your clients and engage them in your JRT
- Helping clients build job-seeking skills and confidence
This course is for job readiness training instructors and administrators.
Full day workshop–9:00am-4:00pm
April 28, 2017
* To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Lindsay Crammond, Literacy Works
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison St. Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
Please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator, with any questions: 312.252.0460 x108; firstname.lastname@example.org