Intro to the Workforce Development System
You’re a part of the workforce development system. But, what does that mean? Maybe you have a WIA, CDBG or TANF contract. Or maybe you’re a TJ contractor or bridge program provider. Maybe you have no idea what those acronyms mean, in which case, you’re not alone! Jargon abounds in our field, creating an alphabet soup that can be difficult to decipher, let alone keep up with. The goal of this training is to demystify what the workforce development system actually is: who’s involved, how it operates and what its relationship with other social services looks like.
Topics covered include:
- Defining the workforce development system
- Identifying who is served by the system
- Understanding the funding streams and programs that comprise the system
- Learning how the workforce system intersects with other related systems
- Navigating the inherent challenges of the system
Direct service and supervisory staff.
Half-day session: 9:00am-12:30pm
June 5, 2014
Liz Czarnecki, CJC Policy Staff
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison St, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
Please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator, with any questions: 312.252.0460 x108; email@example.com