Implementing Workforce Best Practices
You’ve been working with both job seekers and employers for a while now and you feel confident in your skills. But, maybe you’ve been wondering if there is more you and your organization can be doing to ensure quality, long-lasting employment for your clients. Are there practices that other organizations have found to be effective in building job seeker skills and engaging employers? In this course, we will address these questions by exploring evidence-based best practices in workforce development—both for preparing qualified job seekers and deepening relationships with employers. You will also walk away with a concrete plan for how to improve your organization’s programming!
Topics covered include:
- Using checklists to ensure your job seekers are “job ready”
- Developing an effective interview and referral process to ensure job seekers are the right fit for your organization and where to send them if they’re not
- Brainstorming strategies to engage employers throughout your organization
- Collecting and reflecting on employer feedback to improve your customer service
*This course was formerly called Driving Organizational Effectiveness: Benchmarks for Success
This course is for both leadership and frontline workforce development staff.
Full day workshop-9:00am-4:00pm
October 12, 2017
* To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Ellen Johnson & Kaitlyn McGovern, Chicago Jobs Council
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison St. Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
Please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator, with any questions: 312.252.0460 x108; firstname.lastname@example.org