Career Foundations Teacher Training
For our job seekers with low literacy and education levels, quality employment opportunities can be extremely limited. However, we can overcome this challenge by providing clients with the education and training necessary to build their skills, access a quality, growing career path, and work their way to a family-sustaining income. This two-day train-the-trainer course will cover Career Foundations: Making Your Education Work for You, a curriculum jointly created by Women Employed and City Colleges of Chicago that helps adults reading at least at a 4th-grade level or who speak limited English to:
- assess their skills and interests
- explore locally-available career pathways
- choose a focus area or sector
- craft a plan and timeline to get to college- even if college isn’t their immediate next step.
Come learn more about the Career Foundations curriculum, how to deliver it and help your clients ultimately plan for a sustainable, long-term career!
Topics covered include:
- An overview of the Career Foundations course goals and course outline
- An in-depth introduction to the daily lesson plans and accompanying materials
- How to help students assess their skills and interests, match them with appropriate occupational programs and support services, and understand the concept of stackable credentials
This course is for anyone interested in teaching the Career Foundations course, including workforce providers, adult education specialists, and ABE/GED and ESL instructors.
*Those wanting to learn about Career Foundations but not planning to teach the course themselves should contact Jessie Gotsdiner [firstname.lastname@example.org] for more information, rather than enrolling in this teaching-focused training. The full curriculum is also available for free download here.
Two full-day sessions–9:00 am-4:00 pm
May 9th & 12th, 2017
Stephanie Sommers, Sommers Consulting
*To access this member price, you must log in to your CJC account when registering.
Chicago Jobs Council
29 E. Madison Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602
If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Hester, Frontline Focus Administrator: 312.252.0460 x108, email@example.com.