The CCCAC cohort will meet six days from February to April 2020. Trainings will be on Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. They will be held biweekly, with the exception of the last two training days, which will be on two successive weeks. See specific dates below:
- February 18th, 2020
- March 3rd, 2020
- March 17th, 2020
- March 31th, 2020
- April 14th, 2020
- April 21st, 2020
*The 5th and 6th trainings are one week apart, rather than two.
All trainings will be located at Chicago Jobs Council Office (29 E. Madison, Suite 1700-C Chicago, IL 60602). Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The training will be delivered by Dana Horstein, CCCAC Program Manager. Many guest speakers will also be invited to share their expertise on the postsecondary pathways.
Participants will be able to:
- Use current best practices for youth-centered coaching
- Provide youth with general information about the different progressive postsecondary pathways, and utilize tools to help them identify specific pathway programs in Chicago
- Build awareness for biases around coaching youth for progressive postsecondary pathways, and use strategies to address them
- Discover the latest data, skills, and outlooks related to the labor market, so that you can better prepare youth to navigate their educational and career options
- Develop a group project to share training skills and knowledge with others in your professional or community network, thereby creating systemic change
- Participant-centered: learn through peer interaction and content that engages multiple learning modalities (visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and tactile)
- Cohort Learning: benefit from an intensive small group of learners (cohort = 25 participants)
- Guest Speakers: hear from youth who have completed postsecondary pathway programs, as well as from pathway program representatives
- Current youth coaching best practices: learn current best practices, such as cultural competency and trauma-informed care
If accepted into the cohort, a participation fee is required.
- $250 per individual not from an organization
- $500 per individual from an organization
- $750 per 2 individuals from an organization
(There is a limit of 2 individuals from an organization for the cohort. If you wish to have more than 2 people from your organization trained, please see the Additional Training Options tab below.)
Scholarship opportunities are available.
If you have questions about our payment policies or scholarships, please contact Dana Horstein, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-252-0460 x304
The Chicago Jobs Council has an explicit and expressed commitment to reduce racial and gender disparities. As such, we plan to prioritize participants of color, women, and individuals from organizations located in under-resourced neighborhoods.
To further ensure diverse representation in the cohort, only up to two members from a given organization will be accepted into the cohort. If you wish to have more than two staff members complete the credential, please see the information below under “Additional Training Options.”
To successfully complete the Credential Program, applicants are expected to:
- Attend all six training days in their entirety
- Applications include a Statement of Commitment from the applicant, the applicant’s supervisor, and the applicant’s executive director. All statements must be signed for the application to be considered complete.
- Complete extension assignments between sessions, such as watching videos, answering reflection questions, and continuing work on a group project (approximately 1-1.5 hours between each training day)
- Be open to collaboration and personal growth
Please submit your application via Google Forms. Candidates may submit the application from Friday, November 1, 2019 through Monday, December 2, 2019. Individuals will be notified of their acceptance by mid-December.
Additional Training Options
- 1-day training on progressive postsecondary pathways (coming soon)
- 4-day train-the-trainer training on the full 6 sessions of the CCCAC curriculum (coming soon)
- Full 6-day credential training for groups of individuals from the same organization (by request)
For more information about these training options, please contact Dana Horstein, Program Manager, at email@example.com or 312-252-0460 x304.